The refurbished Gandhinagar Capital railway station and the adjacent new hotel, the aquatic and robotics galleries and the nature park at Science City in Ahmedabad will be among the projects that the PM will inaugurate.
In a series of tweets, the Prime Minister shared some pictures and details about the projects he will launch.
Here’s what you should know about the projects:
* The railway projects the PM will inaugurate at 4pm include the newly redeveloped Gandhinagar Capital railway station, the gauge converted and electrified Mehsana–Varetha line, and the newly electrified Surendranagar–Pipavav section.
* The upgradation of Gandhinagar Capital Railway station has been done at a cost of Rs 71 crore. It has been provided with world class amenities, at par with modern airports.
I have always wanted our Railway Stations to be of top quality, where apart from travels there is a boost to commer… https://t.co/stixig9zTH
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1626357408000
* The complete building is designed and provided with Green Building rating features. The external facade will have daily theme based lighting with 32 themes.
* The new railway station has earmarked 7,600 square meter area for future commercial development such as multiplexes, shopping areas and food courts, which can be operated on PPP mode
* The Mahesana-Varetha Gauge conversion of 55km has been completed at a cost of Rs 293 crore alongwith the electrification work at a cost of Rs 74 crore. It has a total of ten stations with four newly developed station buildings viz Visnagar, Vadnagar, Kheralu & Varetha.
* Electrification of Surendranagar-Pipavav Section has been completed at a total cost of Rs 289 crore. The project will provide seamless freight movement from Palanpur, Ahmedabad and other parts of country upto Pipavav Port without any change of traction. It will also decongest Ahmedabad, Viramgam and Surendranagar Yards due to avoidance of detentions for loco change over.
* The PM will also flag off two new trains — the Gandhinagar Capital–Varanasi Superfast Weekly Express and MEMU service trains between Gandhinagar Capital and Varetha.
* Modi’s hometown of Vadnagar will be in focus as the PM inaugurates the revamped Vadnagar railway station where he used to sell tea during his childhood. Since Vadnagar town falls in the “heritage circuit”, the railway station building there has been given a heritage look at a cost of Rs 8.5 crore
Swanky 5-star hotel
* The revamped Gandhinagar station will also house a swanky five star hotel.
* The luxury hotel, with 318 rooms, is spread across 7,400 square meters and has been built at a cost of Rs 790 crore.
* The hotel would host national and international guests who would come to attend seminars and conferences at Mahatma Mandir, a convention centre situated just opposite the high-end property, Rathore said.
New attractions at Science City
* The PM is also expected to virtually inaugurate three new attractions at the Science City in Ahmedabad. These attractions are – an aquatic gallery, a robotic gallery and a nature park.
Some more glimpses from the Aquatics Gallery. https://t.co/uCp0oJbty1
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1626358553000
* The aquatic gallery, built at a cost of Rs 260 crore, is India’s largest aquarium having 68 large tanks to display marine life from across the world, including reef sharks, alligator gar, Koi and black pacu fish among others.
Gujarat Science City is a place that I am very passionate about. When I served as CM, I had the opportunity to work… https://t.co/TmCZIBnnLo
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1626358212000
* The gallery also has a 28-meter-long underwater walkway tunnel to view the marine species.
* Another attraction is the robotic gallery, built at a cost of Rs 127 crore and spread across 11,000 square meters.
Youngsters and even adults are fascinated by robots. I am delighted to share glimpses from the Robotics Gallery whi… https://t.co/GCuwJh4MIE
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1626358689000
* It has over 200 robots of 79 different types, including humanoid robots having human-like bodies and machines which can interact with human beings.
* The nature park, built at a cost of Rs 14 crore, is spread across 20 acres and has life-size statues of animals.
You would love visiting the Nature Park. It houses a Mist Garden, Chess Garden, Selfie Points, Sculpture Park and a… https://t.co/DXrQIEs1mq
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1626358940000
* The park has many beautiful features like fog garden, chess garden, selfie points, sculpture park and open labyrinth (maze). It includes an interesting labyrinth designed for children.
(With inputs from agencies)